Monday, January 5, 2015

Short Trip on a Cruise by Royal Carribean

I was taking a short trip to celebrate New Year from December 29th, 2014 to January 3rd, 2015. The trip was fun and relaxing. Although I had doubts when we want to fly to Singapore in the morning.
As you all might already know the day before my flight to Singapore from Surabaya there is a terrible news of Airasia plane with same route went missing.

Somehow it made you rethink about everything...

And the Cruise is the perfect place to do that. So first, we fly to Singapore by Garuda Airlines and then there is a bus taking us to the port. The check in was a very long queue. After that, we all go to our room.


My room is a window room because I really love looking at the sea. Turned it is a good choice because I can see all the fireworks from my room on New Year's Eve, but I'll tell you all about it later. So, where were we? The room, right. The room is quite small, especially the bathroom. But it's still bigger than the one I had in Hong Kong. So to me it's still ok.



The floor is refered to decks. And the highest deck is deck 15. There are so many facility there in Mariner of the Seas, including mini golf, small wall climbing site, basketball court, ice skating, fitness centre etc.

There is also a show in Ice Skating arena which is awesome! But we can only watch it once. The entertainment is also plenty. From library, mini movie theater, show  place, and shopping deck.
The payment while we are on board can only be done by a card named Seapass Card. So we pay everything with the card. If you are going to make a big purchase then you should deposit some money in there first. Some of the restaurant there requires payment. Other restaurant however are free.

So on the second day we arrived at Port Klang, Malaysia and go for a mini tour there.We also visited The Pavilion Mall.



After that we went back to the cruise ship and headed to Phuket, Thailand. We reached there about 11 a.m and I decided not to go out and just stay in the ship instead. I join the towel folding class, line dancing class, and ribbon to roses class and just enjoying all the facilities there. Checking out the library too, but the books there are not really interesting for me.

And then in the afternoon we had New Year's Eve dinner and followed by the after party later on deck 11. Champagne was provided too :). Fireworks in the seaside of Phuket can be seen from deck 11 and my room. I would say I love this New Year.



The first day in 2015 in Phuket we went on a day tour. Visited a few souvenir places and had lunch there. The lunch was awesome. I just love Thai food. We had to use a boat to go to the shores of Phuket.

The next day we were en route to Singapore and spend the whole day on board the ship. We just spend the day eating, napping, watching movies and trying out the gym. Packing all our staff because at night about 9 p.m we had to get our baggage outside our room.



In the morning of January the 3rd we arrived at Singapore. After a quick breakfast we checked out of the cruise. In the Singapore we spend the day in the Orchard road because our flight is late at night.
I bought 2 books in Kinokuniya and had lunch there.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More